According to new reports, up to 40,000 Americans are stranded in Afghanistan after the Taliban took control of the country after President Joe Biden’s disastrous withdraw.
“An administration official who was not authorized to speak on the record told me that there are an estimated 10,000 U.S. citizens in the country, with the vast majority in or near Kabul. Some are residents, journalists or aid workers who may not want to leave,” Josh Rogin wrote in the Washington Post.
“Most are scrambling to escape. Some are dual nationals or children of Americans who may not have the proper passport or visas, but the State Department has not told them how to fix their paperwork.”
According to the Daily Mail however, 40,000 Americans are stranded in Afghanistan with only 700 planned to be evacuated on Tuesday.
Per a WH official:
Hamid Karzai Airport is open, and flights are able to land and depart. 3,500 troops on the ground at HKAI. Flights are departing today with US citizens and Embassy personnel, 700 people, including 150 Americans were evacuated yesterday.
— Kellan Howell (@kellanhowell) August 17, 2021
“We could have done a lot more to help. The administration waited too long,” said one military official to Reuters. “Every decision has come too late and in reaction to events that make the subsequent decision obsolete.”
“The source and another U.S. official told Reuters that the administration so badly misjudged the situation that the State Department flew a regular rotation of diplomats into Kabul last Tuesday even as the Taliban advanced toward the capital,” Reuters added.
According to the Pentagon, there is no plan for the Americans’ safe return.
“Biden Administration spokesman John Kirby told CNN this morning that the Administration has no plans to help Americans hiding in Afghanistan get to the airport to be evacuated,” House Republicans’ Twitter account reported.
Biden Administration spokesman John Kirby told CNN this morning that the Administration has no plans to help Americans hiding in Afghanistan get to the airport to be evacuated. pic.twitter.com/v652nlTljt
— House Republicans (@HouseGOP) August 17, 2021
Biden’s strategy for withdraw from Afghanistan has been so bad that some people are beginning to call for his removal of office through the 25th Amendment.
Former White House physician for President Barack Obama and President Donald Trump Ronny Jackson, who now serves as a representative in Texas, suggested on Monday the President Joe Biden should be removed from office by the 25th Amendment.
The comments from Jackson came after President Biden’s total disaster in Afghanistan where the Taliban quickly took over the country after Biden’s abrupt and miscalculated pullout.
“Remember when I said it was time to consider the 25th Amendment and the LIARS in the liberal press ATTACKED me?” Jackson tweeted in response to a liberal journalist who previously tried trolling him. “I wonder what they think now after Biden is very OBVIOUSLY mentally incapable of leading during a crisis. Something MUST be done!”
Read Jackson’s tweets that he fired off throughout the day on Monday:
- “Why did it take so long for Biden to schedule an address to the public? WHAT WAS HE DOING THIS PAST WEEKEND!? The Afghan crisis is getting worse by the minute, and the ‘leader’ of the free world was hiding in the basement. THIS IS A DISGRACE!”
- “The only ‘solution’ to Afghanistan we’ve heard from the White House so far is ‘BLAME TRUMP!’ They won’t admit their failures, they won’t present a plan – they’re content with watching the world BURN then blaming Trump for their inaction. YOU CAN’T BLAME TRUMP FOREVER!”
- “If the buck stops with Biden, why didn’t he mention ONCE the absolute FAILURE this withdrawal has become? Americans are trapped in harm’s way, and their safety is in COMPLETE control of the murderous Taliban. This ‘response’ was REPULSIVE and DANGEROUS! #25thAmendment”
- “Why didn’t he take any questions afterwards? Oh, because he is just barely capable of reading a teleprompter and HE’S GOING BACK ON VACATION. Stay in the White House and DO YOUR JOB!”
- “Joe Biden’s WEAKNESS will have repercussions across the globe. China is watching, and now their state media is openly threatening Taiwan. Biden’s inaction this past weekend has made America WEAKER. Why won’t he do ANYTHING!?”
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!